For a website to grow, it is essential to rank it in popular search engines Like Google. This tutorial article will guide you, how to connect the Blogger blog to the Google Search Console.
What is Google Search Console or webmaster tool?
It is a tool that collects data from the website available over the internet and displays all the collected data using the search engine as per the user’s query.
Google Webmaster tool is a powerful tool for web developers and website designers who want to rank their articles on Google in a brilliant way. Google can provide you with a lot of traffic and help you grow your business.
How to Connect Blogger Blogspot Blog website to Google Search Console.
- 1st of all, you’ve to visit your Blogger blog and copy your website/blog URL.
- Now visit the official website of Google Search Console.
- Sign in with Google Account or Sign up for a new account.
- After Login, A pop will appear to add property. You’ve to add a URL Prefix property.
- Now, if your website property is verified, then that’s very good. If not, then it will provide you with a google-site-verification meta tag.
- Edit the Blogger theme and add HTML meta tag between <head> and </head> section and save the theme.
- Now, you can verify your property in Google Search Console.
Settings for Blogger blog in Google Search Console
After successful verification, Google Search Console will process your website. GSC may take a few days to process your data.
The following steps will help you get organic traffic from the search engine.
- Submit Blogger sitemap to Google Search Console.
- Update robots.txt files,
Now sitemap is successfully submitted. It’s time to submit the Pages sitemap to the robots.txt file.
For this, go to blogger.com > Setting > Search Preference and click on Custom robots.txt. Now enable custom robots.txt to yes, as shown in the below image.
robots.txt file given below this image
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: https://www.example.com/sitemap.xml Sitemap: https://www.example.com/sitemap-pages.xml
Change www.example.com with your website address. and paste it as shown in step 5. You can also implement the best robots.txt and robots meta tags for Blogger SEO.
Now it will take a few days to process your data to show up in Google Webmaster Tool.
Don’t do this
Do not submit all variants of your blogger blog to the Google Webmaster tool. Submit only one preferred URL. For example, enable HTTPS and submit the URL https://www.example.com.
This will take a few days to process your data as per your website traffic. Now you’ve to understand how you can connect the search console and Blogger blog.
This tutorial was on how to connect the Blogger blog and Google Search Console. Now you can also connect the Blogger blog to the Bing Webmaster Tool.
Connect the Blogger blog to GA – How to set up Google Analytics Tools Methods.
I hope you like this article; please watch the video(Hindi) for a detailed view.