In this tutorial, we’ll guide you on how you can setup the Rank Math SEO plugin for a WordPress website or blog. For this, first of all, you’ve to install the plugin to the WordPress website, learn a basic guide on how to install a plugin. You can also check our tutorial, on how you can setup the Yoast SEO plugin.
Do you want to Optimize your wordpress website for Search Engine?
Rank math is a trending Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plugin for a WordPress website. This is all because of a good user interface, features like schema data, metadata, noindex, and indexing. You can read this article for Rank Math SEO plugin features.
How to setup Rank Math SEO plugin 2021
After installing and activating the Rank Math SEO plugin, a setup wizard will open up, or you can access it in the plugin dashboard.
Rank math SEO Setup Wizard.
This enable you to access the advanced setup for the SEO plugin.
Go to the Rank Math SEO plugin dashboard and select the setup wizard option as displayed above.
Now you’ll get two option, one for easy setup and other for advanced setup.
- Select Advanced Setup for Rank Math SEO plugin settings
- Click on Start Wizard
Your Site Settings – Setup Rank Math SEO
In option 1, you can select a personal blog, if it is a personal blog. You can find a suitable one. If you cannot find one and if your website contains information that targets a large audience, you can select a small business site. In the second option, you can choose your website’s category. If not listed, select Organization.
- Select your website kind, from the options provided,
- Personal Blog
- Community Blog/ News Site
- Personal Portfolio
- Small Business Site
- Other personal Website
- Other Business Website
- Select the type of organization the website belongs to; if you’re unable to find a suitable one, select the generic organization.
- Select the name of the company, or your organization
- Select a logo for the Google
- Select a logo that can be shared on social media.
- Click on Save and continue
Google Services Setup Rank Math SEO
Now you’ve to set up Google services, which means connecting your website or blog to the SEO plugin for analytics and search console details.
- Click on Connect Your Rank Math Account
- Save and Continue, Now you’ve to create a rank math account and login.
Rank Math SEO login page for Google Services.
Now you’ll be on the successful login page, click on the OK button provided. After this, you’ll be redirected to Google Account Permissions Pages.
Select the Google account, that contain Analytics and Search Console for your website or blog.
On the Google Services Permission page, grant permission to Rank Math SEO plugin
Rank Math SEO plugin will fetch analytics details from the Google Account
- Select Your Website or Blog URL
- Select Account of Google Analytics
- Select Property of Google Analytics
- Select the data to be accessible for your website.
- This will install the Google Analytics Code. You can enable it as per your need. (This load js in the header that may be render-blocking).
- Save the settings.
Setup Rank Math SEO Sitemap
A sitemap is the mapping of your website or blog. Learn here about sitemap. Rank Math provides you the option to enable the sitemap for posts and pages. And also, you can enable a sitemap for categories.
- Enable the sitemap for your website or blog.
- Include the images in the sitemap of your website.
- This will Include all posts to the sitemap.
- This will Include all Pages to the sitemap.
- Include the category. We recommend not to select this option. If you can properly interlink your content. Check it if you don’t have the blog section on your website.
This will allow handling external links, noindex empty section of the blog.
- Noindex empty section
- All link should not be nofollow, as Google recommends give credit who deserve. You can read this article on external link SEO.
- Enable this option. So that users can stick with your website.
Now you successfully set up the Rank Math SEO plugin. From this point, we’ll start the advanced option.
If your website is single user website, then you can disable this option. And if not, you can choose the permissions for all those.
- Enable Role Manager.
- Save and Continue the settings
Monitor all Error Pages.
- 404 Monitor- Enable this option to track all not found pages.
- Monitor all redirection.
Schema data plays an important role in SEO. You can read about schema markup data and SEO.
- Enable the Schema Markup Data
- Schema Type for Posts.
- Select Article Type.
- Schema Type for Pages should be none.
- Save and Continue
- 404 Monitor for the website.
- The ACF plugin to use this module.
- Install AMP plugin to make Rank Math work with Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- To add proper Meta tags to your bbPress forum posts.
- Enable the BuddyPress module for Rank Math SEO.
- Advance SEO for Images
- Instant indexing for Bing
- Counts the total number of internal, external links; to and from links inside your posts.
- Enable this option only if your website is for local businesses.
- Redirections for pages.
- The schema for structure data, already done in the setup.
- Role manager for SEO.
- SEO analytics
- The sitemap for your website or blog.
- Enable it for Google Web Stories
- Enable it for the WooCommerce website
Sitemap General Settings.
- Number of Links on one page of the sitemap.
- Images of posts/pages in the sitemap.
- You can enable this option as per your need.
- Post that should not be index by the search engine.
- The items that should noindex
- Ping the search engine for new posts or updates.
- Save the Changes
Misc Pages Setting in Rank Math SEO.
All misc pages for blog should be noindex. You should consider interlinking all pages while writing the posts.
- Date archive, you can disable it to avoid duplicate content.
- 404 Title pages name
- Search Search Title
- Search Results should be marked as noindex.
- Noindex pagination.
- Archive subpages should also be noindex.
- Noindex password-protected pages.
Category and Tags index settings setup Rank Math SEO.
You should consider noindex the category and tags to avoid duplicate content. If you frequently update your blog and the blog doesn’t contain a separate blog feed section, you can index categories but not tags.
This was the tutorial for a Rank Math SEO plugin into a WordPress website. If you have any issues, feel free to ask in the comment section below.