SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization that means, optimization of the content for the search engine. SEO is not to make a good-looking article; it is about a good article structure that search engines can understand. As the search engine is not a human being, it is a crawler bot and can understand a proper structure. In this article, we’ll understand how we can structure an SEO-friendly article.
Why and how to write SEO-friendly content.
As already discussed, SEO-Friendly article is easy to understand by the search engine. That means, it will take less time to rank in the search engine as compared with non-optmized article.
How to Optimize an Article for the Search Engine?
- Choose your keywords for which you want to rank.
- Use Heading and Subheading and try to implement keywords in it.
- Use keywords and synonyms in the article.
- Optimize your image with an alt tag.
- Link your article to previous related articles if available.
- Proper use of external links.
You can optimize an article in many ways. But here we’re suggesting some key points for SEO friendly article or content.
How to search for keywords used by Search Engine.
You can search for keywords that are used by Google for similar pages as yours. You can use the following methods to do so
- Try to make a query in the Google Search Engine. Google may suggest you by saying, “did you mean,” and now you can find keywords similar to the query at the end of search results.
- Use https://trends.google.com
- Use Google AdWords keywords tool. This tool will also help you in increasing CPC and revenue.
Use keywords in the Heading and Subheadings, make an SEO-friendly article.
After finding the keyword compatible with the website, it’s time to add it to the heading tags. Use a heading that defines the article properly and adds keywords to it. This is an essential and crucial part of the content structure. Understand how you can use heading, subheadings, and minor heading.
When you use to structure your article according to headings and subheadings, a crawler can understand its reading.
Optimize the image for the Search Engine
The image used in the article must be of high quality, light in size, and a proper fit for the article. Image dimensions should be 1280x720px, and the size should be small. Understand this with an example
- Provide alt tag to every image that is used in the pages or posts.
- Suppose your website uses an image with a low resolution of 620x320px, then there will lack of information in that and not user-friendly.
- The article contains a high-quality post that is 3000x2000px, and the size of the image 1MB. In such a case, for a slow network user, it will take a lot of time to load, the user will close the website.
- Now image resolution 1280x720px and the image size is 30kb then that load faster and contain all image information. This image is user-friendly, as well as makes the article SEO-friendly.
Google punishes a webpage that loads slowly for search engine ranking. So consider making a page that loads faster. Images are an important part of that.
In img tag, you must have to use alt tag for that image usually title of the article but it may vary as article demand.
Additional image settings: serve images in the next-gen format like webp format. You can use some plugins in WordPress. In Blogger, webp images can be served using this method.
Write High-Quality SEO friendly Content
You must write high-quality content and don’t try to copy-paste any article available on the internet. It would be best if you kept these things in your mind while writing an SEO-friendly article.
- Research and write a genuine article or quality content.
- Use your keywords in the content and also synonyms of it that will be more helpful for the search engine to rank it(your article).
- Focus on easy and understandable language to use in your content so that users can understand and stick with your article for a longer time.
- You can also write in your local language that the search engine also appreciatable, especially Google Search Engine.
Make a Homogenous Mixture of Keyword.
Use the keyword in the heading, subheading, and title. After that, use this keyword in the article itself. While writing the article, keep in mind the keyword density. It should be between 1-3% for total words.
And make a homogenous mixture of the keywords in the article. Distribute the keywords throughout the complete article. This will make content more SEO-friendly. In WordPress, Yoast SEO Premium can help you in writing homogeneous keyword density content.
Keep keyword density in the limit, don’t over-optimize.
Don’t repeat the keyword again and again. As already discussed, keyword density should be between 1-3%. Use synonyms of the keywords to make the article more SEO-friendly.
You can use Rank Math, Yoast SEO or AIO SEO plugin to keep the keyword density in limit.
Include keyword in the first 150 words
Try to add the keyword in the first paragraph of the content. This will help the search engine to understand the “subject” of the content. You can check the first paragraph of this article too for the keyword.
Interlink and External Links
Internal links: try to content other articles with current articles forming a 🕸 web. When you make internal linking of the content, the visiting user will find all information related to the content. This will helps you in writing an SEO-friendly Article.
External Links: It is believed that if you’re providing any external link in the article, you should add
rel="nofollow". But as per the latest update released by Google, you are only guiding Google that this link to follow this to not and its completely on google should nofollow or follow that link. You can refer to this article Evolving “nofollow” – new ways to identify the nature of links. So in simple words.
- You can use nofollow to less trustful website
- Use follow to trustful websites
When you write an article, and there is some referral to the content, then use rel-tag
<a href="#link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Link Text value</a> So that link juice and google recommendation keep in the article as per SEO need. Read more about external link SEO.
Optimize the Page Permalink
This is one of the critical parts of the SEO of a post. Provide a permalink of the post that targets the keyword of the content. Permalink should be in limited keywords, keep the full URL (include website name) of max 70 characters(Rank Math SEO guide).
These are the few simple methods that can be practice while writing an SEO-friendly Article. We update this article with time as according to google and other search engine recommendation. I hope you like this article; appreciate us by comment below and by sharing this article.