Load time is crucial for a website; it enhances the user experience and revenue for the website. This tutorial will discuss what this largest contentful paint is and improve its score for the best performance.
Largest Contentful Paint and its effect?
When a user visits a webpage, the time taken to load the main content or largest content is LCP. SEO is all about a good user experience. When a page loads very fast, that indicates a good user experience. So that we’ve to keep the paint of the largest content very fast.
Impacts of LCP
According to Google reports, 40% of visitors left the website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. So it must load all its content within 3 seconds for the best results.
From May 2021, Google will prefer the website with fast speed in its search results. That means that LCP will be ranking factors, so it’s now more important to focus here.
How to calculate the largest contentful paint data?
You can use Google Speed Insights to test the LCP score of your website. You can also check other vital web factors such as CLS and PID. The LCP time must be as low as possible. Google Pagespeed Categories this into
- 0 to 2.5 Seconds – Best Practice,
- 2.5 to 4.0 Seconds – Needs Improvement,
- 4.0 and above – Poor.
This LCP can be optimized from the server end. Let’s understand how to fix the Largest Contentful Paint.
How to Fix the largest content load time issue?
This issue may be generated due to theme configuration, server configuration, content delivery issue etc.
So, first of all you’ve to check the theme configuration.
- Check if there is any render-blocking Js or CSS.
- All content is minified,
- Size of images, deliver NextGen webP, or svg images.
- Reduce the database requests by using a local cache plugin.
- Use content delivery network CDN.
- Deliver GZip or Brotli compressed contents,
- Use HTTP2 in your server to deliver all the contents parallelly.
Optimize the Website
Use a well-optimized theme; such a theme will not call the various functions again and again. And that leads to low requests to the database and hence high performance of the website that will reduce the LCP time.
You can check render-blocking of the webpage using the Google PSI tool and eliminate all these using cache plugins or JS, CSS manager in WordPress website. In the Blogger blog, you can call the jquery and other Js in the footer. Try not to use the client-side rendering. Please try to render and serve the method. You can check the largest contentful paint score after performing this.
- Deliver minified HTML, CSS, or Js files that will take less time to deliver that data.
- Deliver the Next-Gen image for your WordPress or Blogger Blog. You can use plugins to deliver the next-gen image in WordPress. If you’re on the Blogger platform, try this to deliver webP images.
- The image resolution(that to be delivered) must be according to the space reserved by it. For example, don’t deliver an image of 1280x720px in a 320x250px block. This can be achieved by using mod_pagespeed or jetpack plugin content delivery. This will drastically reduce the largest contentful paint time.
Optimize the Server for LCP
If you’re using cloud hosting or VPS, make sure the server uses Gzip or Brotli compression while delivering the content. If you don’t know what it is and how to do that, contact the hosting provider. Server speed is also essential to fastly paint the largest content.
- Try to reduce the database query by using cache plugins.
- If the website targets globally or hosted server and the target user country is different, use a content delivery network CDN.
- And also, Use the HTTP2 connection to deliver the data parallelly. In this technology, all the content load parallelly not one by one, that leads to fast visibility of the LCP.
- Use a compression technology like GZIP or Brotli that will reduce the size of data.
If still, you’re getting the largest contentful paint, then consider upgrading the website hosting.
I hope you liked our article on the Largest Contentful Paint LCP. In case of any doubt or query, feel free to ask in the comment section provided below.