SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization learn more about SEO here. SEO is not to make a good-looking article, it is about a good structure of article that search engines can understand. As the search engine is not a human being it is a crawler bot and can understand a proper structure. In this article, we’ll understand how we can structure an article for the search engine
How to Optimize an Article for the Search Engine?
- Choose your keywords for which you want to rank.
- Use Heading and Subheading and try to implement keywords in it.
- Use keywords and synonyms of it in the article.
- Optimize your image with an alt tag.
- Link your article to previous related articles if available.
- Proper use of external links.
You can optimize an article in many ways. But here we’re suggesting some key points for SEO-friendly articles or content.
How to search for keywords used by Search Engine.
You can search for keywords that are used by Google for similar pages as yours. You can use the following methods to do so
- Search key term of your page and Google suggest you by saying “did you mean” and similar keyword can be found at the end of search results.
- Use https://trends.google.com
- Use Google AdWords keywords tool. This tool will also help you in increasing CPC and revenue.
Use of Heading and Subheadings
You’ve to use a heading that defines your article properly and add keywords to it. This is a very important and crucial part of the content structure. Understand how you can use heading, subheadings, and minor heading.
When you use to structure your article according to headings and subheadings that a crawler can understand what it is reading.
Optimize your image
The image used in the article must be of high quality, light in size, and a proper fit for the article. Image dimensions should be 1280x720px, and the size should be very small. Understand this with an example
- Suppose your website uses an image with a low resolution of 620x320px then there will lack information in that and not user friendly.
- The article contain a high-quality post that is of 3000x2000px and size of the image 1MB, in such case, for a slow network user it will take a lot of time to load, the user will close the website.
- Now image resolution 1280x720px and the image size is 30kb then that load faster and contain all image information.
Google punishes a webpage that loads slowly for search engine ranking. So consider making a page that loads faster, images are an important part of that.
In img tag, you must have to used the alt tag for that image usually the title of the article but it may vary as the article demands.
Additional image settings: serve the image in a next-gen format like webp format. You can use some plugins in WordPress. In Blogger you must serve low size high-quality images.
Write High-Quality Content
You must write high-quality content, don’t try to copy-paste any article that is already available on the internet. You should keep these things in your mind while writing an article.
- Research and write a genuine article or quality content.
- Use your keywords in the content and also synonyms of it that will be more helpful for the search engine to rank it(your article).
- Focus on easy and understandable language to use in your content. So that users can understand and stick with your article for a longer time.
- You can also write in your local language that also appreciatable by search engine especially Google Search Engine.
Interlink and External Links
Internal links: try to content other articles with current articles forming a 🕸 web. When you make internal linking of the content then this will more helpful for the visiting user to find all information related that matters s/he reading. This will help you in writing an SEO-friendly Article.
External Links: It is believed that if you’re providing any external link in the article, you should add
rel="nofollow". But as per the latest update released by Google, you are only guiding to Google that this link to follow this to not and its completely on google that it should nofollow or follow that link. You can refer to this article Evolving “nofollow” – new ways to identify the nature of links. So in simple words
- You can use nofollow to less trustful website
- Use follow to trustful websites
When you write an article and there is some referral to the content then use rel-tag
<a href="#link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Link Text value</a> So that link juice and google recommendation keep in the article as per SEO need. Read more about external link SEO.
These are the few simple methods that can be practiced while writing an SEO-friendly Article. We update this article with time according to google and other search engine recommendation. I hope you like this article, appreciate us by commenting below and by sharing this article.