The custom domain name is a unique URL for a website that provides a brand value to the website or blog e.g. custom domain name for Google is www.google.com. To provide a custom domain name to the Blogger blog URL instead of subdomain.blogspot.com to yourdomain.com. Recently Blogger updated to the new interface. Let’s understand how to set up a custom domain in 2021.
Setup a Blogger custom domain name, customize Blogger URL.
Setting up a domain name for the Blogger blog – will give Blogspot blog a new pro identity with high search engine preference. So for what, you’re waiting for? This will change the Blogspot address from mywebsite.blogspot.com to mywebsite.com, i.e. the blog will be available on mywebsite.com. Let’s understand how to do this.
How to set a custom domain Name for Blogger Blog.
First, to set a custom domain, purchase a custom domain from a domain name registrar. After purchasing a domain name, visit the Blogger dashboard and follow the steps:
- Click on Settings and Scroll download to Publishing
- Click on Custom Domain.
- Check the Publishing section
- Enter the domain name recently bought.
- Click on the Save button.
- The system will respond with an error and provide CNAME values updated on the domain name provider. Now leave this window open to copy some data for upcoming step 10.
- To updates these DNS settings, log in to the Domain Name Provider account.
- Find the DNS Settings options of the domain name provider.
- Now add HOST and POINT or Target Values.
- First of All, we’ll add A Records
- There will be four A Records. Update all these to Google’s IP.
- Add Symbol “@” in the Host and point value ad IP given below one by One
- Now update CNAME (two in number)
- Common CNAME for all is Name: www, Destination: ghs.google.com
- Unique CNAME generated for every blog, in this case, Name: jsjry7b2kmmd, Destination: gv-oygbohsqqryyjr.dv.googlehosted.com check step 5 where it is generated.
Check below, the settings will be similar to
The new settings for the domain name will take some time to update the server, depending on how much TLL time choose (1 hour in our case, check the screenshot above). Many Domain Name Providers display this value in seconds. If that value is 7200 means 2 hours; wait for that much time.
Domain settings for the blog, that will accessible even someone types example.com instead of www.example.com, then
- Enable Redirect Domain
- Turn on a secure server using HTTPS, enable HTTPS availability. Please note this will take a few minutes, and during that time, the website will not be reachable, or an error message will be displayed.
- After a few minutes, the website will be available. Turn on HTTPS redirect for better SEO.
Now the blog is set to the custom domain. The m=1 SEO issue for the Blogger can read [Solved 100%] Blogger Duplicate URL for Mobile m=1 SEO issue.
If you’ve any doubt regarding the above setup process. Please ask in the comment section. Thank you