Blogger is a free blogging platform where you can share your ideas with the world. But you need to improve the Blogger SEO to boost its reach. This requires a little knowledge of HTML and CSS. We’re making it easier for Blogger users. We come up with a new Blogger theme TezzBlog.
What is Blogger Theme?
Blogger Theme is the frame for the blog. When you create a Blogger blog, it comes with a legacy design. To enhance the Blogger blog design, we can use Blogger templates. Blogger themes were also known as Templates.
Officially Blogger names it as a Theme, not Template.
The file format of the Blogger theme is XML and can be uploaded in the dashboard>theme panel. It is always advised that before making any change, it is safe to take a backup of the existing theme of the Blog.
TezzBlog Blogger Theme 2021 update
In this theme, we provide almost all the features that a theme should have. We added all the features possible for the Blogger template.
- Complete Search Engine Optimization for the Blogger blog,
- Enhanced PageSpeed Score
- UI is too good to keep your traffic.
- Simple and Smart Design,
- Responsive to full width
- Smart Mobile Menu
- Google Adsense Ads, Speed optimized. Read how to use Section to understand.
- theia sticky sidebar properly configured
- Using Latest jQuery 3.6.0 (Google Recommendation)
- Auto Ads Setup
- JSON Schema Markup Data Tags for SEO,
- HTML5 semantic tags for SEO,
- Blogger, Discuss Comment section.
- Recent Post Gadget,
- Random Post Gadget,
- Category Post Gadget.
All these features are included in the theme. To access all the features, you’ve to understand how to use this theme.
How to use the TezzBlog Blogger theme.
This Guide is useful to set up almost all of our Blogger themes. First, we’ll understand the Layout section of the theme, how to modify it.
Header Settings of the Blogger Theme
The header is the important part, which contains the website logo, navigation panel, social media icon, etc. Let’s set it up for our Blogger website.
- CSS Options: This widget allows you to customize layout design, like the full width of the layout. You can change values, true and false.
- Default Variable: Allow you to change the variable used in the theme file.
- Comment System: You can choose between Blogger and discuss comment system,
- Fixed Sidebar, True or False. We recommend true.
- Fixed Menu: Menu should fix or not
- Post-Per Page: How many posts should be visible on archive pages,
- Link List: Add top Menu
- Social Widget: Add the social media button to the blog,
- Page Header: Add the Logo for the desktop version of the website
- Ad placement: Here, you can place ads, but this will decrease the CLS score of the website. We recommend not adding any ads. This is above the fold area. If you need to add an ad block, then follow the guide of responsive Adsense Ads.
- Mobile Logo: Add a Logo for the mobile version of the website. We suggest using a transparent png format image.
- Main Menu: Here, you can set the main navigational panel for the website. The guide is provided below.
- Add Gadget: You can add Gadget here.
How to set Menu in Blogger theme
The menu of the website provides easy navigation to the website users. It enhances the user experience and makes your website more attractive. A properly configured menu also reduces the bounce rate of the website.
Let’s understand how to configure the menu of a Blogger theme.
In the above image of Blogger Layout, the 8th block allows you to set the blog menu. When you click on the pencil button provided on the block, the menu settings will pop up, as displayed below.
Here you can see buttons 1, 2, and 3 are Home-icon, Features, Download This Template respectively are three main blocks in the menu. When you place underscore(_) to an item and place it below the main block, it will become the child of the main block. In the above image, the (_)Multi DropDown is placed under Features is the child of Feature block.
To add a sub child of the child item, you’ve to place double underscore (__) and place it under a child item. In the Above image __Drodown 1 is the child of _Multi DropDown.
The output of the above menu settings will look like this. You can also add a new block to the menu by clicking on add new item button provided at the end of list settings.
Set up sidebar and Footer section
The footer section contain about the website, copyright, various gadgets and sub menu of the website.
This is the layout of the sidebar and footer section of the Layout. Here you can add the widget that should appear in the footer section.
In the blocks 11, 12, and 16 you can add contact us form widget, social media widget, and footer menu respectively.
Blocks 10, 13, 14, and 15 can be used to add recent posts, random posts, popular posts, category posts, and any 3rd party widget.
- To add a recent post gadget, you can add 3/recent/post-list,
- For random posts, you can add
- To display post from a specific label
After making the desired change, save the layout. Your Blogger blog is ready, but you can make some advanced changes to speed up the blog.
Advance Changes to TezzBlog or other Blogger Theme.
To make changes in the Blogger theme, you need to edit the Blogger XML theme file. In the header section, you’ve to provide meta tag details.
You can also turn off auto-generated CSS and JS of the Blogger blog. Check our guide on how to speed up the Blogger blog.
I hope you like our theme in case of any query, suggestion, or feedback. Feel free to ask in the comment section provided below.