Are you thinking of starting a website and stuck on Domain Name? Is the domain name is so important for brand identification? These question may disturb you, but let’s choose a domain name for your website or blog that make more sense.
- How to Choose a Perfect Domain Name?
Domain Name provides identification to a website, so it should be similar to the brand name(if any). If you are running or will run a website or business, then the domain name will be an essential part of that.
How to Choose a Perfect Domain Name?
In today’s world, where everything is online, many websites are there on the internet. Then in such a case, the focus should be a rememberable domain name for the website.
Should we add the niche name or keyword in the domain name? First, let’s discuss the main features of the Domain Name.
- First Impression: When a user visits the website, S/he first encounters the domain name. And that domain name, if easy, will easy to remember. But here, your quality content will also play a role; someone will remember the domain name only if the content or service is good.
- Identification: Domain Name provides a brand identification to a website.
- SEO: Try to add the keywords in the domain name. It is not compulsory that you’ve to add a keyword, but it will help the SEO of the website (since it is not mandatory to add a keyword).
- Engagement: Easy to remember domain name hangs more users than a tough one. More users mean more success.
Extension for the Domain Name, .com, .net, .org or ccTLD
Top-Level Domain(TLD) is a crucial part of the domain name. The .com domains are easy to remember, make the website a global reach for the search results. If the .com extension is not available then try .net, .org, etc.
- A website that would target the world should be .com, .net, .org extension.
- For a local business that targets a specific area, find a ccTLD domain name. ccTLD means country code Top Level Domain e.g. .in for India, .pk for Pakistan, .uk for England, .us for USA, .ca for Canada, etc.
- If you choose a global extension like .com, .net, etc., connect it with Google Search Console and select a target country.
Branded Domain Name
Choose a domain name that reflects your business and vice versa. If you can’t find such a domain name in the top TLD like .com, you can go with other TLDs like .org, .net, .io, or ccTLD(if it targets a specific country).
Choose your own domain name, don’t try to make a copy of another brand. The company may take legal action against you. So instead, create your own brand and identity.
Short is better
A shorter domain name is always better than a long one because.
- A short domain name is easy to remember,
- Easy to share over voice like on YouTube channels etc.
- Easy to type,
- Fewer typo errors
Easy to Remember
Easy to remember domain name will engage more users than others. Hence try to find a domain name that is easy to remember. The domain should be short, as discussed above. If you can’t find such a domain, try to find a domain name with two short letters.
Easy to Type and Pronounce
Suppose you bought a domain name, but you don’t know how to pronounce it. In such a case, it will create confusion whenever the website is shared over voice like on YouTube, Podcasts, etc.
Such domain names are also tough to remember for a longer period, so try to find a domain name that is easy to spell and pronounce.
Try to add keywords that reflect your website’s type that make it clear all about the website. For example, if you’re creating a website for pizza, you can try adding the keyword pizza in the domain name. It may be like pizzacorner.com/.net/.org/.in/.pk/.uk, pizza point, etc.
The keyword enhances the SEO of a website as well as clears the website niche to users. This will help a user to remember your website. However, it is not compulsory, but you may consider it.
Don’t use hyphens and numbers in the Domain Name.
Hyphen and numbers are hard to type in between the domain name. So try to avoid them.
If your store contains the numbers, only in such a situation use numbers in the domain name like store99 should go with store99.com. But If you’re like to start a new business or website, Don’t use the hyphen and numbers.
And also, don’t use misspell words, as these may look suspicious to the user, like a fake website of any original.
Use Domain Name Generator Tools.
You can use domain name generator tools like Instant Domain Search. In addition, many tools in the market help you search for a perfect domain name for your website.
Don’t Do while choosing a Domain Name:
- Brand names and trademarks of other companies. Don’t use such domain names that reflect other’s companies, as the company may take legal action against you.
- Numbers or dashes in the Domain name. These characters are hard to remember and type. For example, you can remember our website SEO Neurons and type it as seoneurons, but what if seo-neurons? This would be hard to remember for a longer period of time.
- Misspellings. These words make a website suspicious, and the user can leave the website without reading the content.
After finding a perfect domain name, register it with a top domain name registrar that provides good services and a better user experience.
If you’re planning for a WordPress website, choose the best hosting for WordPress at low prices.
I hope you liked our article. In case of any doubt or query, feel free to ask in the comment section provided below.