Local SEO means SEO for your Business for the local user. You can optimize your Business website so that users can find you locally and generate queries and leads. If you are not gaining visibility and customer, we will solve this problem through this tutorial. This article will explain Local SEO and help your small or medium business to gain visibility in the local search results.
There is a fact that 46% of all searches are local, and more than 60% of local Business does not have an online presence. That’s why International Brands targets your local users.
We can categorize SEO in two different ways.
- General SEO – Target National or International users.
- Local SEO – Focus on a particular region, city, or section of the city.
What is Local SEO?
It is the technique to optimize your presence to appear in the local search results. For example, your search for “best restaurant in Chandigarh”. Then there is a local business result at the top of the search results called “Snack Pack”.
And this “Snack Pack” typical organic search results will be there, as shown in the image below.
It is a must that your Business must position higher in the “Snack Pack” because they drive more than 50% of total traffic. And the result appears on the top of the snack pack alone, getting nearly 30% CTR.
And typical search results get the remaining 50% of CTR. Hence, it is crucial to rank your Business in both types of effects. Here Local SEO comes into play.
Why is Local SEO Important?
In a recent survey, 97% of consumers search for local businesses online. If your business is not optimized for local search, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to reach potential customers in your local area.
Here are some of the reasons why local SEO is essential for small businesses:
- Local SEO helps small businesses to compete with larger companies.
- Build trust and credibility for the Business.
- Increase Traffic and build the Brand Identity of your Business.
- 25% of People who do searches with the intent “nearby” are likely to purchase product or service.
How does Local SEO works?
The question can be how Google can display local search results. Local SEO is similar to General SEO but only targets location-based searches.
The search engine crawls all the links related to a geographical area. Google maps and local SEO schema help the search engine to build the local business database. Anchor texts, business citations, and addresses are helpful for the search engine to build a solid result base. And Google algorithms help it to remove spam results or Business.
How to Start Local SEO?
Let’s say I’m opening a new coffee shop near a medical college for doctors and patients in Chandigarh. And we are working around the clock as our target customers are working 24×7.
First, to differentiate our coffee shop from others, we’ve to provide the best services at competitive prices. And other than this, we can provide virtual services as well.
As a new coffee shop opening near a medical college in Chandigarh, Local SEO is crucial for reaching our target customer base of doctors and patients. Optimizing our online presence for local search can increase our visibility in search engine results and attract more customers to the shop.
One of the first steps in Local SEO is to claim and optimize our Google Business Profile listing. By verifying our listing, we can add important information about the business, such as NAP, hours of operation, and photos. This information will appear in search results when potential customers search for our business or similar businesses in the area
Create Google Business Profile.
Let’s start from step zero. Visit google.com/business to create a website for your local Business. This step is necessary for all local businesses that want their online presence.
Creating a Google Business Profile (GBP) profile is a simple process that can help your Business show up in Google Maps and local search results. Here are the steps to create a GBP profile:
- Go to the Google Business Profile (https://www.google.com/business/)
- Click on the “Start now” button.
- Sign in using a Google account or create a new one if you don’t have one.
- Enter your business name and address. If your Business already has a listing on Google, it may show up as a suggestion for you to claim.
- Confirm your business location by entering the verification code sent to your business address through postal mail. Note: The code will be received within 12 days of the creation of GBP.
- Once your Business has been verified, you can add additional information such as business hours, contact information, and services offered.
- You can also add photos, videos, and posts to your GBP profile to make it more engaging and informative.
- After you’ve completed the setup process, be sure to regularly check and update your listing to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
Creating a GBP profile can boost local SEO and your Business’s visibility in local search results and on Google Maps. It is a great way to help your business be found by potential customers searching for products or services in your area. The more information and photos you provide, the better your chance of showing up on Google Maps and other Google properties.
GBP SEO Best Practices.
- Ensure your business category is clearly defined
- Include Business hours, including holiday hours
- Provide your physical address (if applicable)
- Indicate your service area (if you provide services or make deliveries)
- List the products or services you offer
- Include high-quality images
- Encourage customer reviews
NAP citations, or Name, Address, and Phone Number are an essential part of Local SEO. They refer to the mentions of a business’s NAP information across the internet, such as on directories, websites, and social media platforms.
Having accurate and consistent NAP citations is crucial for Local SEO. Accurate NAP citations help search engines to understand where a business is located and how to contact them. It also helps to establish the Business’s credibility and authority in the local area.
There are many different ways to create NAP citations. Some standard methods include:
- Submitting your business information to online directories like Google Business Profile, Bing, and other Places for Business.
- Add your business information to your website’s contact and “about us” pages.
- Create social media profiles for your Business and add your NAP information.
- Asking Happy customers to leave reviews on directories and websites that include your NAP information.
It’s important to note that it’s not enough to have NAP citations. It’s essential to ensure they are accurate and consistent across all platforms. Your Business’s name, address, and phone number should be spelled and formatted the same way everywhere it appears.
Local SEO is a powerful tool for small businesses looking to increase their online visibility and reach more customers. By utilizing effective strategies and industry best practices, you can improve your search engine rankings and attract more customers to your business. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the comments section below