Google Analytics is one of the best tools used for the analytics of a website. That data can be used to enhance user experience and also to fulfill the user’s need.
This tool will help you in understanding that how the keywords through which traffic is coming, the location of the traffic, and much more.
If you only want to setup Analytics not using Gtag, then this guide for you. You can also use this feature using Tag Manager.
Why you need to install Google Analytics Tools.
Suppose you’ve are running a website, and you have no clue which kind of users visits and demographic data of that user. Then you’ll have no clue for further your posts. Suppose my website targets users of USA and I’m writing articles according to the users of UK.
In this case I’m not able to target my users, then I may see a fall for my upcoming posts.
Google provides a very robust and powerful tool known as Analytics. That can calculate
- Total Traffic of your website and traffic engaged pages.
- How users get into your website, like organic, direct, or social?
- Demographic properties of your visitors
- Gender of the users
- Age groups your website is targeting.
- Check the bounce rate of your website.
How this data can be useful for you?
Total Traffic: This data can be used to check the number of users is interested in your product/ article.
Who are engaged in your website.
This matix shows that demographic data of your website. That can help you to add content according the users location. Suppose your job website target a state “X” for jobs. But it also engaged “Y” states users. It may be possible that X and Y are border states.
In the above data you can consider adding data for Y state users. And can get more reach of your website.
How users reach your website.
All three like social, direct and organic have their own values. You can’t ignore any of them. Let’s understand why.
If you’re like my older version, who believes that organic traffic only good. But if users visit your website directly then it denotes your brand value. They visits your website due to quality of information or product.
Social users like Facebook, Twitter, telegram also are very important because they may come to your website by referral. Use proper image size to get more traffic from social media.
Setup a New Google Analytics account for a website.
In this tutorial article we’ll discuss only to setup Google Analytics properties not Google Analytics 4 properties.
To get into the free robust powerful Google Analytics tools, you need a google account.
Visit the official website of Google Analytics and log-in using a Gmail account. If you don’t have a Gmail account, then create one.
After successful login, you’ll redirect to the Welcome screen of Google Analytics Tools. Here you’ve to click on the start measuring button.
You’ve to create a Google Analytics Account to use its services. Enter the name of your account in the field provided. And after that click on the Next button.
Be carefull here, you’ve to choose that you want to create a GA4 property of Google Analytics only properties.
- Enter the Name of the property, it can be anything you like.
- Now select the target country of the project.
- The currency of your choice.
In the next tab, you’ve to enter the property name, country name, and currency of your country/choice. By default, it will create a Google Analytics 4 property but we’ve to create a “Google Analytics Only property”. For that click on the advance Options link.
In the advance options, you can select between GA4 properties and GA property or GA property only.
- Enable the Universal Analytics Property.
- Enter the URL of your website or blog of which you want to analyze data.
- Select between create GA4+Univesal analytical or Universal Analytics Only. We want to create a Universal Analytics property here.
In this setting you’ve to select type of industry and number of employees.
Here you’ve to select the number of users who are working on this project and then select intend to use Google Analytics.
After doing this, click on create button, you’ll redirect now to the tracking code page.
You’ve to place this code in the header section (google recommendation) or in the footer section(eliminate render-blocking). Most of the WordPress themes provide options to add custom codes in the header or footer section of a WordPress website.
- This is the Tracking ID of your analytics account.
- You can copy this code and paste it into the header or footer section of your website.
In a blogger blog, you just have to edit the XML file and place the code before
How to create a Google Analytics for existing Account
Now you’ve to create a new property of Google Analytics Account. To perform this action, you’ve to visit dashboard of Google Analytics and then click on Create Property as displayed in the image below.
This will allow you to create a new property under your exisiting analytics account.
In the next step you’ve to create property under the existing account. In the property setup page,
- Enter the name of your property
- Select Country and Global Meantime
- Select a currency of your choice.
- Click on the advance options button for Google Analytics property only, otherwise, it will create a GA4 property by default.
In the advance settings, you’ve to
- Enable the Create a Universal Analytics Property Option
- Enter the URL of your website.
- Select a Universal Analytics Property Only and
- Click on the Next button for the next step.
In the next step you’ve to select industry property for your website.
- Select the category of your website.
- Now select the size of your business, i.e. how many people working on this project.
- Tick options that you want to analyze using this tool.
- Click on the create button to create a property.
After clicking on create button, you’ll be redirect to tracking code page.
You can copy this tracking code and paste it under header or footer section of your website.
I hope this article helped you in creating a Google Analytics Property, in case of any query, feel free to ask in the comment section provided below.